Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hey from Christian!

Hey everyone! It's Christian here. Welcome to our website (and our blog)! I thought I’d stop by and tell everyone what’s been going on.

I had an awesome summer. Recording the LOL CD was killer! Tara and Taylor are so fun to be around! It was a lot of hard work though. We had to learn each song and all the harmonies. We usually recorded one song a day and some days I wanted to pull my hair out, but it was still awesome!

I also went to EFY (Especially for Youth) and I think everyone should go. You learn a lot of valuable lessons and meet a lot of cool kids who have the same standards as you! One of the many things I learned there was to be honest. I was just thinking about this again the other day. When you're honest, you build character and people trust you! Doesn’t everyone want their parents to trust them? (Ya!) But when you're dishonest, you hurt others. Plus, YOU HURT YOURSELF TOO!!! So be honest! It's a no brainer!

Another HUGE part of my summer was Scouts. I’ve worked a long time to get my Eagle (the highest rank you can get in Scouts). One of the things I had to do to get it was a project that benefited the community or a certain organization. I decided to landscape a swampy area on the side of the road in my little town. Do you know how many freakin’ hours I worked on that?! ALOT!!! Talk about dying!! I really can't believe I'm actually talking to you. Halleluiah!!! I'm still alive!!! Ha ha. Anyhow, I finished all my requirements and received my eagle on July 16.

And lastly, I went surfing in California (check out the photo page) and hung out with my family and friends a ton. Don’t you think family and friends are so important?! Family members are kinda like your cheerleaders in life. They're going to stick with you no matter what! And who doesn't like hangin’ and talking w/ your friends? My friends are pretty darn COOL!! But I really think you have to be careful when you're choosing your friends. You gotta choose friends that encourage you to be your best self!

So there’s my summer! School starts for me on August 21! Hope everyone is ready!!! Yipee! Aren't we so excited?! Thanks again for stopping by out site and checkin’ out the music. Hope you like it! And hope we can come perform at your school soon!

Later,
Christian

7 comments:

Benton Paul said...

you guys are doing it!
how cool is this?!
do you remember me?

lillie6840 said...

CHRISTIAN YOU ARE AMAZING!! I CAN'T BELIVE HOW BUSY YOU HAVE BEEN! BUT YOU STILL LOOK GOOD!! LUV YA TONS!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Unknown said...

Christian!!!! It's Tess!!! I have been listening to your CD, and think it's quite impressive. Well done. See you at school.

Kay said...

Your CD is awesome. Take it from a Grandma sharing it with her "tween" grandchildren, you are going places! Keep up the good work. I hope you come out with another amazing CD soon. Stay close to the Lord and keep it humble.

Brie said...

Hey! I love your cd, it's great! I went to EFY too! It was SWEET! Good job and keep up the good work!

-Brie

bmm101 said...

WOW! Christian you rock i luv the way you and your band sings!!
wow by the way i have been listening to your CD and its one of my favorits!

Anonymous said...

o my gosh i love you guys i am going to get to go to EFY in 2 years i am so excited i love your new cd it has helped me so much check out my blog!

Kami -